Reserve Your Summer Slot Now
Summer is just around the corner and I am starting to fill up my summer calendar. If you are interested in summer tutoring, please respond to this email to reserve your spot by Friday, May 12. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
I will be offering sessions between 10 am and 4 pm Eastern time, Monday through Thursday. The 4 pm slot is for online appointments only.
For those in Vermont, these sessions can be in person at a coffee shop, a library, or the Shaw’s on Shelburne Ave. in Burlington. They can also happen online if you are traveling or staying out of town for the summer.
Here are some of the things I can do with your child this summer:
- ISEE/SSAT/HSPT test prep, all sections
- Orton-Gillingham approach for students with dyslexia, reading disabilities, or spelling issues
- Writing (for elementary students, fun writing projects like short essays, poetry, fiction; for older students, essay practice; all will focus on mechanics, grammar, organization, and editing)
- Study skills (time management, note-taking, organization, test taking skills, critical reading and thinking)
- Reading (your child and I will read books/articles/poetry together, discuss them, and do projects/essays/writing assignments based on them)
- Mindfulness and meditation to reduce anxiety and build focus and confidence (building on what we already do together and teaching additional skills)
- College applications and essays
I am also open to other ideas you might have!
Sometimes in our work during the school year, your child and I do not have the time to go in-depth with a particular skill because the demands of your child’s classes get most of our attention. In the summer, we can give all of our attention to things we would like to address. We can discuss what we feel would be the best approach for your child this summer.
Call or email me with any questions and to schedule your summer sessions.